Consumer Spinal Injury Research Group Application
The Spinal Injury Project team at Griffith University is looking for eight people living with a traumatic spinal cord injury or parents of children under 18 years of age living with a spinal cord injury to establish a Consumer Spinal Cord Injury Research Group. Participants must be at least 18 years of age, from around Australia and have an interest in spinal injury research.
Participants will be involved in multiple aspects of research as part of the wider research team. They will contribute to spinal injury research by attending regular virtual meetings (flexibility with meeting times to accommodate all participants will be arranged). The Consumer Group positions are on a volunteer basis and are unpaid.
During these meetings, they will:
- raise awareness about people living with spinal cord injuries and their priorities
- participate in the decision-making process about what to research, how to do it and when to do it.
- help disseminate the research findings in lay language
- advise on strategies to recruit patients/carers to participate in clinical studies
- review grant applications, consent forms, questionnaires and interview questions
All training will be provided (eg. training to learn about grants process).
This is a great opportunity to be part of the journey towards a cure for paralysis.
To find out more about the Consumer Spinal Cord Injury Research Group please complete your details below and Griffith University will be in contact. We are looking for diverse representation and so we need to ask a few background questions.